Monday, October 05, 2009

Cat's Meow, Wix.com & CGHub

Hey Guys!

Some friends have been asking if they could see some of my animations. I wish I had time to finish all my animated projects I started while I was back at the Academy, and even more that I've dreamed up after that. (Someday I will get back to them, I swear!)

The only actual finished piece (and by that I mean gotten to color, since I have many pencil tests and animatics lying around that are rather embarrassing) is a very old short called Cat's Meow. I initially did this intending for it to fulfill my homework assignment of "Push and Pull." But I ended up polishing it further.

I apologize to most of the Academy peeps out there who have seen this waaaay too many times at the shows and are sick of it. m(-_-)m



I joined a site called CGHub.com. It's similar to CGTalk and ConceptArt.org but feels easier to navigate and has more networking features. So far, the members there seem cool and eager to give feedback. I've posted some of my art there, mostly things you've seen already on this blog, and old stuff from my website.

Speaking of my (seemingly ancient and forsaken) website Charicreatures, it's strangely dysfunctional at the moment due to pictobrowser. =( This led me to look around for quick and easy Flash Portfolio Website Builders, since I no longer have the time to make one from scratch. I found one that I want to share, called Wix.com. It's easy to build a free and fancy (but not too fancy so that it takes forever to load or find your way around) Flash site. The coolest thing is that it's highly customizable: you can add your own images anywhere; you can change the parameters, such as speed of animations, type of page transition, etc. in any Flash element on the template, and there are many types of templates to fit your needs.

~Genevieve

7 comments:

Piya said...

Wow does that bring back memories. I still really like it, even after 4-5 years.

Marcelo Vignali said...

Lots of squash and stretch. You have quite the gift with your pencil.

Genevieve Tsai said...

Marcelo - Wow, thank you! That means SO MUCH coming from a veteran artist as talented as yourself! Ever since I discovered that you were the artist behind all the beautiful, personality-filled characters in my collection of "Making Of" books (Surf's Up, Open Season, Brother Bear, etc.) you've seriously been one of my favorite concept artists in the industry!!

musicgirljen said...

Wow Grace, that animation is awesome! :-) (At least I think so)

Genevieve Tsai said...

Thank you so much Jenni!! ^__^ And I'm glad you could stop by!

Chris B said...

An Academy rep came to my school today! I saw this in a reel of animation clips. I kinda laughed when I recognized that.

Genevieve Tsai said...

Haha wow Chris, that's cool that you saw it in the AAU reel and recognized my piece! It's cool they're still using it. ^__^