Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sanzaru & Art Trade for Vince

Hey Guys!

As always, I've been pretty busy with a few projects lately. One is preparing some new stuff for Wondercon 2010, another is an Islands in the Sky: Expedition Artbook (name tentative) that a group of awesome artist friends of mine are collaborating with; and finally some more art trades I've been meaning to finish.

I've also been preparing for my move to Sanzaru Games. It's been an awesome experience working on the MySims team, and I'll dearly miss all my friends there at EA. ;_; Everyone's been so good to me! But I feel at Sanzaru my portfolio will really grow and I'll be both challenged and inspired by the new project, style and all the great artists there. I feel the change is just what I need to achieve the next step in the development of my career.

Anywho, here's another trade I've been working on for my friend Vince Riley, who's been helping on the new IITS: Expedition Artbook. He's drawn me some pretty cool Kayli sketches in the past and has been a great tablemate/neighbor at the various comic conventions we frequent.

As my end of the trade, I drew my rendition of the main character from Vince's comic, Native Drums (click this link to see the comic on DeviantArt!). I also added his freakin' adorable dog, Little Foot (his real dog--not in the comic), in there, with a little antennae and Scouter on one eye, just for kicks! ^__^

One of these days I'll fully color this, but for now I'm just inking/flat-shading this one.

And some roughs:

~Genevieve

11 comments:

Bill Robinson said...

Hey Genevieve, just found your blog. Great stuff! You're really amazing with animals! PS, I work with Rosie and I've met Tuna a couple of times at cons. I was also at APE and Comic Con, not sure how we haven't met before...

Jared said...

awesome! i really like this :)

BambinoMonkey said...

Amazing work here. Congrats!

hamasuki said...

Wow! This drawing is pretty awesome! I like the dog, he's all high tech and reminds me of early DBZ cause of the scouter~ The girl also makes me think about Appleseed for some reason? Maybe its the military outfit. Yet again, another brilliant work that makes me happy to look at~ Well done and hope to be seeing more stuffs in the future!

Genevieve Tsai said...

Hi Bill! Thanks so much for your compliments, and I'm glad you especially like my animals! That's really cool that you've worked with Rosie (we both went to the Academy) and have also met Tuna at cons--both gals are incredible artists!

When I saw the fantastic work on your blog I immediately recognized it! I knew I've seen your work before--I remember the Chow chowing on chow mein, and your Tree Girl! I must have met you at APE, when you tabled next to Brittney Lee! I've often passed by her booth to take a gander at her beautiful prints. That's so funny! I was tabling in the lower level not far from you! Anyway, great to meet you and I'm looking forward to seeing you at Wondercon!

Jared - Thanks a bunch!

BambinoMonkey - Thanks so much! Your style and colors are crazy--I love it!

Hamasuki - Aww, once again your words are too kind, *blush* thanks so much!! Good to hear from you again, Mike! It's awesome you recognize the DBZ scouter I threw in for the hell of it! I love drawing dogs and wolves, as you can tell! ^__^

~Genevieve

Matteo said...

This is just a beautiful peace of art... Especially love the colour vibe u gave it.

Genevieve Tsai said...

Matteo - I really appreciate those kind words. Thank you so much!! ^__^

Kidchuckle said...

I absolutely love the first one soOooo much!

Genevieve Tsai said...

Thanks so much, Kidchuckle!! I'm glad you stopped by! ^__^

suky said...

great jobs!! your style is more wonderful!!!

Nadia Mogilev said...

amazing work!