Monday, April 05, 2010

Thanks for visiting at Wondercon 2010!

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to all those who visited our booth this year at Wondercon 2010! Joe and I both feel that the show was a huge success and we got to meet many friends old and new. Thanks everyone, for coming back to visit us and telling your friends about the book, we truly appreciate it and love hearing what you thought about Islands in the Sky!! ^__^

It was crazy busy at our table--especially Saturday!--which left us exhausted but happy and excited nonetheless! I'm glad I got a chance to run through the show for an hour Sunday morning to see everything, and at least visit all my friends at their own booths. I got to meet lots of new friends and people with phenomenal talent! The show always leaves me so inspired!!

At a couple rows up from our table at Small Press, I got to chat with two amazing gals from my fellow Girls Drawing Girls group: Karen Krajenbrink and Brittney Lee; and tabling across from us, Becky Dreistadt of Tiny Kitten Teeth.

I had a wonderful time doing commissions and wanted to share a few that I got a chance to scan or snap a photo of. I didn't get shots of all of them, unfortunately, and some of yours are even in the works, as I had to take them home to finish! Although I got booked up with requests, I really wish I could have done one for everyone who asked. However, we will be at Fanime this May, and I'll be able to take more of everyone's commissions then! Thanks so much for your patience with me! ^__^

As always, I am working really hard to get more IITS stuff out for the upcoming shows. I hope to show you guys soon!
This was for a collection themed "Headphone Girls."

Also, props to this adorable little girl, Stella Koslowski, selling her drawings for $1-$2 at a table in Artist's Alley. I saw her pic of a Liger and had to buy it! She also offered free Peeps for every purchase; how could I pass up such a deal? XD


PS: I just want to give a shout out to my friends, Sherwin Viray, Anthony Hon, Kelly and Vince Riley, Michael Mallari, Jody Wilson, Michael J. Buffington, Isaac Davis, James Munroe, Sandie Chun, Eli Robles, Gari Chu, Paul Sullivan, Robert Welsh, James Hamilton, David "Kid Kobun" Bruno, Nat Loh, Fabian Molina, Guillermo Martinez, Sean, Mark, Richard, Marika, Emily (creator of Otherkinds), Manuel (creator of Fearless Zombie Hunters), Kuroyanagi Tatsuya, Oliver Sin, Chris Beanes and Briana Travis, Hamasuki, and Llyn Hunter from Bobcat Publishing, for your exceptional support! Oh, and of course, Joseph Wong; IITS couldn't have happened without you! ^__^

17 comments:

hamasuki said...

Aaaaawwww man! Looks like Wonder Con was a big success!? So many peeps stopped by and bought a book or some goods. I asked my friend to stop by but she is in a cosplay group so cosplaying took up most of their Con.:( Its cool that you got to see other friends and artists you know but 1 hour? Crazy, we need time freezing devices or clones. I vote for clones with hover boards while we're at it! lol but yeah, thanks for sharing the pics and the experience for those of us who missed you guys. I wanted to go and get a commission/talk to yah soooooo bad! Easter Sunday was my b-day too! Oh well, here's looking forward to Fanime.
Did you see Jim Lee or any celebs? Any cool purchases beside the adorable Liger pic from that lil girl? Well imma stop rambling and gtfo, thanks for tha mention, it made my day! Take care~

Anonymous said...

hi genevieve,

I love your art in IITS and if you are interested in displaying your work at my work, here is the info:
koji sake lounge
48 s. first street
san jose, ca 95113
408.287.7199
ask for kathy, owner
www.kojisakelounge.com
thanks
emil ( lime88@hotmail.com)

P.s.

we are not that far from fanime con.

Matteo said...

Just passed to say ciao, :)
ur latest entries are really sweet.

^_-

Genevieve Tsai said...

Hi Hamasuki! - I totally want time-freeze abilities... well, something more all-encompassing than Dr. Horrible's Freeze Ray. And if I had clones I'd probably be finished with the book by now... or taking over the world. MWAHAHAHAAA! But most likely we'd be cramped and festering in one small, squalid apartment, slowly cannibalizing each other because we are too lazy to cook. XD

Happy belated birthday!! I'm sorry I didn't know it was your birthday, but I hope you had a great day!!

~Genevieve

Genevieve Tsai said...

Ciao Matteo! - Thank you for stopping by and checking up on my blog! I'm glad you like my latest posts!

Genevieve Tsai said...

Hey Emil! - Thanks SO much for contacting me on my blog! I would LOVE to try and get a piece to display at the Koji Sake Lounge! That is so awesome of you to invite me to show my work there, and I'm happy you enjoy my work!! ^___^ Thanks again, and maybe I will see you at Fanime, too!

~Genevieve

Kiyoshi said...

"Headphones Fail" is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. I wasn't around for WC so I guess I might catch ya at Fanime!

sam said...

Congrats Genevieve your work is awesome!

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Oceania Production said...

lol I love your style you blend alot of comical cartoonying styles , I particular like the one "Assmeat" had a Ren and Stimpy vibe lol. Good to see someone out there drawing bootylicious herione I am working on some myself . Haven't had a chance to post completed artwork in my blog yet.

Oceania Production said...

Ah I can show lol some of my concept if you want to see stuff I am trying to finish

Joe said...

Awsome works, very powerfull, full of life, I love it, I will follow you!

jlg

Genevieve Tsai said...

Kiyoshi - Hey, thanks! I'm happy you like the Kayli Headphones gag! ^__^ Fanime was fun and guess what!? On a pure whim I decided to go to AX too! Are you gonna be there?

Sami - Long time no see! Thanks so much for the congrats! Your portfolio is really looking great! Where are you at now?

Oceania Production - Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the "Assmeats" pic in particular, which I had a lot of fun doing, hehe! I would love to check out your work! Bootylicious heroines? Hook me up! XD

Joe - Wow, thanks for your kind words and for following me! Yay!! ^__^

Oceania Production said...

Ah okay I sent a Mail lol to your main email

Eugenio Enrique said...

Hello Genevieve! Wow.. I love your work and your passion for drawing beautiful and gorgeous girls!!:) I too like to draw girls..! please, I invite you to take a look at my blog, and give me a comment, I really appreciate it a lot! Thanks!

Best,

EE

Genevieve Tsai said...

Hi Eugenio! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for all your compliments on my work! I'll definitely check out your blog!

RookStar said...

HEADphones Fail: They should be covering her MOUTH , right?