Friday, January 30, 2015

Process Work


 


Last year I took a CGMA class for The Art of Color and Light with Ty Carter and Ryan Lang, and they’re both not only phenomenal artists, but also inspiring and generous teachers, willing to share and take time to give us thorough feedback.
Throughout the latter half, I created a series of rough color studies based on my story about the adventures of a lady knight Astraea and her goblin squire, Fyzzleglitch (which is also my goblin’s name in WoW, haha).
I’m not that happy with my draftsmanship in some of these, and you can tell I was still struggling with my colors and lighting. I definitely want to redo the Town scene where Fyzzleglitch is being ridiculed on his Shetland pony—I think a different composition and lighting scheme would work. As you can see I tried lots of different layout thumbnails.
The Techies VS Jakiro piece actually started as a sketch where Lady Astraea and Fyzzleglitch took an Orc prisoner and were being pursued by a dragon. Eventually I simplified that composition to just Astraea and Fyzzleglitch.
And then came this wild notion to create an in-game loading screen for Dota 2. I got really excited about that idea and replaced the main characters with Goblin Techies while the dragon was to become either Dragon Knight or Jakiro. But I chose Jakiro since a two-headed dragon would be more interesting design-wise.
I wanted to redesign Jakiro and Techies a bit to make it more of my own style and how I imagined them in my mind.
I’ve learned a lot from this piece… but I couldn’t have done it without the kindness of my friends to help critique my work and give me feedback.They are all incredible artists and generous human beings who have personally inspired me. I want to share their work with you guys. GO FOLLOW THEM THEY ARE SO AWESOME:

Ty Carter Tumblr||Facebook
Ryan Lang
 Tumblr||Facebook
John Polidora Tumblr
Laurel D. Austin Website
Doug A. Gregory Website
Steph Dere Tumblr

Thanks everyone, happy Friday!
~Genevieve

9 comments:

Sparky said...

Thanks for this inspiring post. Your friends are talented as well. Thanks for this.

-Sparky

Jeff Maka Merghart said...

Just saw all these posts and they're GREAT!! :) Thanks for sharing them! Great inspiration!

มโน เอาเอง said...

Follow football news, football results according to international football.
ติดตาม ข่าวฟุตบอล ผลบอล ตามทีเด็ดฟุตบอลต่างประเทศ
ไก่เดือยทอง โชว์คม ดวลเหนียว

UpdateNewth said...

Update News game Mobile
Fate Contract

edok69 said...

Suggest good information in this message, click here.
เกมยิงปลา ได้เงินจริง
เกมยิงปลาออนไลน์
เกมยิงปลา ได้เงินจริง pantip
เกมยิงปลา ได้เงินจริง pantip
เกมยิงปลาที่แตกง่ายที่สุด
เกมยิงปลา ios
เกมยิงปลา
เกมยิงปลา joker
เกมยิงปลา 918
เกมยิงปลา

papan said...

แจก สูตร ไฮโล ฟรี
บาคาร่าเครดิตฟรี ไม่ต้องฝาก
เลขยี่กี แม่นๆ

Singto said...

I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information.สล็อตวอเลท

Singto said...

Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us.บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

Yong said...

Thanks for an interesting blog. What else may I get that sort of info written in such a perfect approach? I have an undertaking that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the lookout for such info.เกมสล็อต